Friday, July 25, 2008

Burning Down the House, Part II: The Chaos Continues

Well, gentle readers, it isn't over yet. I still have at least one more day of construction ahead of me. Here's what has happened since my last post:


Sunflower seeds--the breakfast of all champion contractors. These are even jalapeno.




My awesome new door from the kitchen side:




The hinge:




The hinges are important because they make the door swing both ways--how cool is that? This was my bright idea:




Moving outside, here we have the underside of the fascia partially wrapped in white aluminum:





The old, steep, rotted stairs are now gone:




New concrete bases have been poured for the posts:





Close up of the new concrete base:






All of this work makes my porch filthy. There is a dusting of dirt all over my house, including the porch floor:





And to end on a high note, we've had a lot of rain lately, so the creek is running again--here's the view to the north:




And to the south toward the waterfall:


No comments: