Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Against All Odds

You may remember that about ten days ago, I set up my little greenhouse in an attempt to grow some plants from seed.
Against all odds (I am not good at growing things), they have germinated and are growing like crazy. Here they are about two days after I sowed the seeds:



After five days:




After seven days--those huge ones are moon flowers. The seeds look like corn nuts. The two rows in the foreground are lime basil and sweet basil.



Yesterday--the third row from the front is chives, which have really taken off in the last two days.



Now, if I remember to water them, these plants might actually make it. That was my downfall last year--I forgot to water them after a while. This year, I am determined to be successful!

1 comment:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

Moonflowers are my absolute favorites. I have some latticework that they grow up on and reach my deck and spread out. At night moths the size of hummingbirds visit the flowers.