Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Sun and the Rainfall

To find out why McKenna is making this face, you have to read the whole post ;-)
Nothing very exciting has been going on here in Ken and McKenna land except for the weather. On Saturday, we had terrible storms in the afternoon and early evening and even some tornadoes north of here. The creek filled up and the water was muddy for about a day afterward:


The storms were caused by a cold front moving in on top of some really warm air, so the waterfall was steamy:



I'm sure you have been waiting anxiously to find out what else I have made with my green garlic.


Well, one of the dishes that I made was angel hair pasta with shrimp, asparagus, and green garlic in a white wine and lemon sauce topped with Parmesan shavings.




The flowers are still alive and have taken up residence in the hallway.




Today, it was finally sunny and warm, so Kenna and I spent the day working out on the porch. We took a break to walk around in the yard and I saw a snake in the creek. You can kind of see it on the right side of the photo, a little less than halfway up.



While I was trying to take pictures of the snake slithering around in the creek, Kenna found something in the bushes.



After she sniffed around and rolled in something smelly, Kenna wanted to run:




When she was tired, she collapsed at my feet and rolled onto her back for a belly rub. She was deliriously happy to get a belly rub, as you can see:



No comments: