Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hazy Shade of Winter

I have a lot of things to post about, but I'll start with the weather for the past four days. On Thursday, I came downstairs to find the sun shining south of the house and this to the north:


And the clouds just kept rolling in:


The snow began to fall:




We had about half an inch within the first 30 minutes.

Friday was very cold, but Saturday morning we woke up to a balmy -5 (-12 with wind chill). Kenna shot me a look when I opened the door for her to go outside that clearly said "you have to be crazy. I am not going out in that."

Sunday morning wasn't much better, but we at least got into the 20s and had some sun. Early in the morning, though, things were pretty frosty:



Brrrrrrr. Thank God for down blankets, heated mattress pads, flannel sheets, and, most of all, my furry furnace of a dog (who is, at this very moment, snuggled into my warm bed with the mattress pad turned on).

1 comment:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

I love the last two pictures.

(I've been waiting for you to post.)

Thank you.